HBase >> mail # dev >> Data types stage 1 is ready for reivew

+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-07-11, 19:16
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-07-12, 20:10
+
Stack 2013-07-12, 20:38
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-07-16, 23:39
+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-07-17, 08:42
Re: Data types stage 1 is ready for reivew
Thanks for having a look. If you don't mind terribly, I responded to your
comments on JIRA [0].

Thanks,
Nick

[0]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-8693#comment-13711250

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 1:42 AM, Matteo Bertozzi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I was looking at the HBASE-8693 patch, and looks good to me for the
> primitive types.
> but I can't see how do you plan to evolve stuff like the struct.
> By "evolve" I mean add/remove fields, or just query it with a subset of
> fields.
> the fields don't have an id, and on read you must specify all of them in
> the same order as you've used for write.
> (but maybe is just an immutable/fixed list of fields, and I'm ok with just
> adding that info to the comment on top of the class)
>

> Matteo
>

> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 12:39 AM, Nick Dimiduk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > New patch posted. What do you think about the new isSkippable() and the
> > associated limitation in Struct?
> >
> > I also posted some "dogfeed" per Enis's suggestion.
> >
> > -n
> >
> > On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 1:38 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> would
> > good
> > > >

> > > I'll do another pass (Kicking others to give it a looksee too).
> > > St.Ack

+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-07-24, 18:27
+