HBase >> mail # user >> HTable.put(List<Put> puts) perform batch insert?

+
Weishung Chung 2011-01-10, 16:58
+
Weishung Chung 2011-01-10, 17:06
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2011-01-10, 17:38
+
Weishung Chung 2011-01-10, 18:10
+
Jonathan Gray 2011-01-10, 18:39
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2011-01-10, 18:44
+
Weishung Chung 2011-01-10, 18:58
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2011-01-10, 19:03
Re: HTable.put(List<Put> puts) perform batch insert?
Multiple batches of 10k *new/updated* rows at any time to different tables
by different clients simultaneously. I want these multiple batches of
insertions to be done super fast. At the same time, I would like to be able
to scale up to 100k rows at a time (the goal).  Now, I am building a cluster
of size 6 to 7 nodes.

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Jean-Daniel Cryans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> lotsa rows? That's 1k or 1B? Inside a OLTP system or OLAP?
>
> J-D
>
> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Weishung Chung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Jonathan, awesome, best of breed APIs!
> > Jean, I would like to insert lotsa new rows with many columns in a
> > particular column family* **programmatically in batch just like the jdbc
> > addBatch method.*
> > *Thanks again.*

+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2011-01-10, 19:53