Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit

+
Adam Fuchs 2013-01-27, 01:10
+
Josh Elser 2013-01-29, 01:37
+
Keith Turner 2013-01-27, 17:26
+
Eric Newton 2013-01-27, 20:43
+
Eric Newton 2013-01-27, 22:07
+
David Medinets 2013-01-28, 15:46
+
Jim Klucar 2013-01-28, 16:38
+
Josh Elser 2013-01-28, 17:03
+
Eric Newton 2013-01-28, 19:26
+
Josh Elser 2013-01-28, 21:34
+
William Slacum 2013-01-29, 00:12
+
Dave Marion 2013-01-29, 00:21
+
William Slacum 2013-01-29, 00:32
+
Dave Marion 2013-01-29, 00:50
+
Keith Turner 2013-01-29, 17:15
+
Christopher 2013-01-29, 17:34
+
Keith Turner 2013-01-29, 17:38
+
Christopher 2013-01-29, 18:53
+
David Medinets 2013-01-29, 18:21
+
Christopher Tubbs 2013-01-29, 18:55
+
William Slacum 2013-01-29, 17:40
+
dlmarion@... 2013-01-29, 17:52
+
John Vines 2013-01-29, 18:11
+
Mike Drob 2013-01-29, 19:26
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-01-30, 17:22
+
Aaron Cordova 2013-01-30, 18:20
+
Keith Turner 2013-01-30, 18:28
+
Aaron Cordova 2013-01-30, 18:30
+
Keith Turner 2013-01-30, 18:36
+
Christopher 2013-01-31, 00:39
+
dlmarion@... 2013-01-31, 21:45
+
John Vines 2013-01-28, 17:20
+
Josh Elser 2013-01-28, 17:29
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-01-31, 22:10
+
Benson Margulies 2013-02-01, 07:36
+
Aaron Cordova 2013-02-01, 15:04
Re: Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit
On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Aaron Cordova <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Benson,
>
> Just to be clear (I had to re-read your email a few times to understand) you're saying a real-time online discussion such as Adam is proposing has the potential to exclude some members of the dev community and that we should be sure to stick to things like this email discussion to avoid those problems?

Small adjustment: email avoids these problems, but I'm not telling you
that online is 'forbidden'. Just that, as a community, you should be
careful to avoid excluding people. One schema: publish minutes, and be
sure that you don't consider a decision final until it's ratified
on-list.

> Thanks,
>
> Aaron
>

> On Feb 1, 2013, at 2:36 AM, Benson Margulies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I want to caution everyone that this process skates close to an edge
>> of an Apache invariant. An online forum has the potential to exclude
>> people in far-away time zones or with other constraints. At Apache, we
>> try to maximize the use of email to avoid this problem.
>>
>> Nothing here is an absolute -- I'm not trying to torpedo this plan altogether.
>>
>> Nothing, that is, except except that _decisions_ must be made on the
>> mailing list afterwards.
>>
>> If anyone in the dev community feels excluded by this prospect, I
>> would encourage you to speak up now, so that the planners can make
>> adjustments to minimize that.
>>

>> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 10:10 PM, Billie Rinaldi
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> Is scalable NN == ACCUMULO-722?  I'd be excited about that for 1.6.
>>>
>>> Billie

+
Adam Fuchs 2013-02-01, 15:22
+