Chukwa, mail # user - hadoop's attempt directory logs

+
Abhijit Dhar 2012-01-17, 03:20
Re: hadoop's attempt directory logs
Eric Yang 2012-01-18, 02:03
This can be setup by using TaskLogAppender that comes with Chukwa.
In $HADOOP_CONF_DIR/log4j.properties, modify the TaskLogAppender configuration
to:

log4j.appender.TLA=org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.inputtools.log4j.TaskLogAppender

Make sure chukwa-0.x.0-client.jar is in Hadoop class path, and restart Hadoop.

This should enable Task Attempt Logs to be sent through Chukwa data
collection system, and also log a copy locally on the task tracker
node.  Hope this is what you are looking for.

regards,
Eric

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Abhijit Dhar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you please point me how to stream the attempt logs that hadoop
> generates to chukwa, while at the same time saving them the way hadoop saves
> by default under attempt directories/stdout ?
>
> Thanks a lot

Abhijit Dhar 2012-01-20, 02:13
+
Eric Yang 2012-01-20, 02:24