Accumulo >> mail # user >> Suggestions on modeling a composite row key

Suggestions on modeling a composite row key
I need to build up a row key that consists of two parts, the first being a
URL (e.g. http://foo.com/dir/page%20name.htm) and the second being a number
(e.g. "12").

To date we've been using \u0000 to delimit these two pieces of the key, but
that has some headaches associated with it.

I'm curious to know how other people have delimited composite row keys.
 Any best practices or suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike