Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Releasing 1.5

+
John Vines 2013-04-25, 17:48
Keith Turner 2013-04-25, 17:56
John Vines 2013-04-25, 18:03
Keith Turner 2013-04-25, 18:09
Christopher 2013-04-25, 18:32
John Vines 2013-04-25, 18:54
Keith Turner 2013-04-25, 19:32
Josh Elser 2013-04-25, 19:37
John Vines 2013-04-25, 19:46
Keith Turner 2013-04-25, 19:57
Josh Elser 2013-04-25, 20:06
Keith Turner 2013-04-25, 20:30
+
Benson Margulies 2013-04-25, 20:41
+
Keith Turner 2013-04-26, 12:42
+
David Medinets 2013-04-26, 19:32
Re: Releasing 1.5
I'm not sure we are talking about actual vendor-specific code.  We are
deciding whether or not to create additional release tarballs that have
been compiled against various vendors' Hadoop-compatible file systems.
Assuming that we determine there is nothing prohibiting us from doing this,
I think it would simply be up to the release manager (i.e. anyone who
assembles a release and calls a vote for it).  If someone cares enough
about a particular distribution to build and create an extra tarball, they
can.  However, I don't think this is common for Apache projects --
additional packaging is usually left to supporting companies.  I haven't
even noticed any releases yet that come in Hadoop 1 and Hadoop 2 flavors.

I haven't heard (until now) that Accumulo compiled against an appropriate
version of Apache Hadoop will not work with CDH, but John says that's the
case.  John, have you tried this?  Also, what is the "specialized
packaging" you referred to?
On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 12:32 PM, David Medinets
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Does it make sense to put vendor-specific stuff under a contribs/vendors
> directory? Doing so would certainly indicate that we are vendor-agnostic.
> And give vendors an obvious place to contribute.

+
John Vines 2013-04-26, 20:35
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-04-26, 21:47