HBase >> mail # user >> Throttle replication speed in case of datanode failure

+
Brennon Church 2013-01-17, 17:54
Re: Throttle replication speed in case of datanode failure
Since this is a Hadoop question, it should be sent
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (which I'm now sending this to and I put
user@hbase in BCC).

J-D

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Brennon Church <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to throttle the speed at which under-replicated blocks are
> copied across a cluster?  Either limiting the bandwidth or the number of
> blocks per time period would work.
>
> I'm currently running Hadoop v1.0.1.  I think the
> dfs.namenode.replication.work.multiplier.per.iteration option would do the
> trick, but that is in v1.1.0 and higher.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --Brennon
+
Brennon Church 2013-01-17, 18:16