Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.1-rc1

+
Arun C Murthy 2012-02-15, 05:28
+
Robert Evans 2012-02-16, 21:51
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-02-16, 23:04
+
Robert Evans 2012-02-17, 16:20
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-02-18, 01:31
+
Ted Yu 2012-02-18, 21:16
Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.1-rc1
I downloaded and checked this rc, some of the things I checked:

  - release notes are present both binary and src
  - html documentation present in binary: share/doc/hadoop/index.html
  - release is present at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/hadoop/hadoo
p-common/0.23.1/
  - tag looks good and matches src tarball contents
  - LICENSE, NOTICE and REAEDME are good
  - md5 and signatures good
  - src tarball builds

Testing: All testing on single node, unsecured
  - all daemons started - hdfs/yarn/history server
  - Ran wordcount, sleep, teragen, terasort, teravalidate and all passed

Questions (I'm new to this process):
  - in binary package container-executor appears to be 64 bit, but the
libraries (libhadoop.a, etc) are 32 bit - what is the binary supposed to
support - 32 or 64?
  - CHANGES.txt contains the date as (2012-02-08), does this need to be
updated for the new date of the rc1 vote?
Thanks,
Tom
On 2/14/12 11:28 PM, "Arun C Murthy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've created another release candidate for hadoop-0.23.1 that I would like to
> release.
>
> It is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-0.23.1-rc1/
> The hadoop-0.23.1-rc1 svn tag:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-0.23.1-rc1
> The maven artifacts for hadoop-0.23.1-rc1 are also available at
> repository.apache.org.
>
> Since hadoop-0.23.1-rc0 last week, we've fixed some important bugs:
> # HDFS-2923. Namenode IPC handler count uses the wrong configuration key.
> # MAPREDUCE-3858. Task attempt failure during commit results in task never
> completing.
> # MAPREDUCE-3846. Addressed MR AM hanging issues during AM restart and then
> the recovery.

> thanks,
> Arun
>
> --
> Arun C. Murthy
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/

+
Taeseong Kim 2012-02-19, 04:22
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-02-18, 07:23
+
Robert Evans 2012-02-22, 19:30
+
Thomas Graves 2012-02-22, 01:11
+
Mahadev Konar 2012-02-22, 07:45
+
Siddharth Seth 2012-02-25, 02:04
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-02-24, 19:36
+
Tom White 2012-02-24, 19:04
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2012-02-23, 01:42
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-02-23, 03:45
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2012-02-23, 04:48
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-02-23, 02:43
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-02-23, 03:51
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-02-23, 05:00
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-02-23, 05:32