Flume, mail # user - How to extract data from MySQL using Flume

RE: How to extract data from MySQL using Flume
shouvanik.haldar@... 2013-06-24, 11:39
Thanks to all for the replies.

From: Srinivasan Ramalingam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2013 5:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: How to extract data from MySQL using Flume

go for sqoop

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Nitin Pawar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
Flume is a collection/aggregation framework in broader prospect .

So if you write an application which reads from your database and dumps into a file time to time or streaming, then flume will read them and store in wherever you want them to be stored.

Where as sqoop will just import your dataset from most of teh RDBMS and puts in hdfs. and reverse is true as well