MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.4.1-alpha

+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-25, 03:48
+
Sangjin Lee 2013-05-25, 17:01
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-05-30, 15:43
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-30, 17:57
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-30, 18:52
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-30, 22:11
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-30, 22:52
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-05-30, 23:08
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-30, 23:16
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-30, 17:58
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-30, 20:48
Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.4.1-alpha
There's no misunderstanding Chris - this release is to unblock downstream.

As for your question: I don't have a crystal ball; I wish though. I think the
answer depends on will be there more blocking bugs found in the later releases
of Bigtop or other downstream components.
This is bugfix release and, I guess, if there are more bugs found in the
future - more releases would have to be cut. Isn't this is why the software is
being released?

Now, the -1: I am not clear about the justification. What exactly we expect to
"work out"?

Cos

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 01:48PM, Chris Douglas wrote:
> On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Why not include MAPREDUCE-4211 as well rather than create one release per patch?
>
> From Cos's description, it sounded like these were backports of fixes
> to help Sqoop2 and fix some build issues. If it's not just to fixup
> leftover bugs in 2.0.4 *once* so downstream projects can integrate
> against 2.0.4.1, and this a release series, then I've completely
> misunderstood the purpose.
>
> Cos, are you planning 2.0.4.2?
>
> > Also, this is the first time we are seeing a four-numbered scheme in Hadoop. Why not call this 2.0.5-alpha?
>
> Good point. Since it contains only backports from branch-2, it would
> make sense for it to be an intermediate release.
>
> I shouldn't have to say this, but I'm changing my vote to -1 while we
> work this out. -C
>
> > On May 24, 2013, at 8:48 PM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
> >
> >> All,
> >>
> >> I have created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.0.4.1-alpha that I would
> >> like to release.
> >>
> >> This is a stabilization release that includes fixed for a couple a of issues
> >> discovered in the testing with BigTop 0.6.0 release candidate.
> >>
> >> The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~cos/hadoop-2.0.4.1-alpha-rc0/
> >> The RC tag in svn is here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.4.1-alpha-rc0
> >>
> >> The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.
> >>
> >> Please try the release bits and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.
> >>
> >> Thanks for your voting
> >>  Cos

+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-30, 22:18