Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> dev meeting minutes

Re: dev meeting minutes
On 07/12/2011 01:38 PM, Vishal Kher wrote:
> Thanks. Looking forward to reading the paper.
>
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Alexander Shraer<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Hi Vishal,
>>
>> At the meeting I presented the general approach I'm following to implement
>> reconfiguration in ZK. If I understood correctly, the concern was broadly
>> that there are a lot of cases to consider and that correctness is
>> non-trivial. We agreed that I'll prepare a detailed writeup of the protocol
>> and changes made to ZK. I believe that this should address most of the
>> concerns.
>>
>> The positive points raised in the meeting were that the method offers
>> minimal interruption to service during reconfiguration, uses normal ZK
>> operation flow, and does not require modifications to other ZK operations.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Alex

Thank you Alex for working on this - sounds really useful. Another thing
I remember from the dev meeting was Ted Dunning mentioning porting
everything to Clojure rather than Scala (since the original meeting
notes mentioned, in jest, porting to Scala). A Clojure port would allow
storing Zookeeper configuration state using Clojure's software
transactional memory system (see
http://clojure.org/concurrent_programming) I thought that was a very
interesting idea!

-Eugene