HBase >> mail # user >> Simple but Reliable configuration for pseudo distributed mode on ubuntu

Re: Simple but Reliable configuration for pseudo distributed mode on ubuntu
Hi Stack,
   This section of the docs is clear. I would suggest it should be included
in *all *docs not just the standalone section.  I had seen that section of
the docs before, and it was on my mind..  I had made the change from
127.0.1.1 to 127.0.0.1 in the past and it had not worked -but I had
apparently made the change incorrectly - given that  this time after
restarting hdfs, mapred, and then hbase everything came up nicely.

In terms of "who could not find whom" the master could not find the region
servers because  the master had not properly registered with zookeeper. The
master had  a kind of halfbaked registration in which the /hbase/masters
node was created but no actual entry inserted. Also the master was unable
to obtain the region serer info from ZK even though regionserver entries
were correct: and this was a symptom of the underlying master/zk handshake
problem.

With a more experienced hbase engineer we worked this out to some extent
through the hbase provided logs as well as using the zookeeper cli (thus
the transition from hbase managed zk to standalone zk - with the benefit of
the zkCli.sh tool)