Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Using kazoo with Zookeeper gives me ImportError: No module named kazoo.client error

Using kazoo with Zookeeper gives me ImportError: No module named kazoo.client error
I am planning to use Python kazoo library for Zookeeper. I am totally new
to python so I have no idea how to get going and how to use kazoo to
connect with zookeeper.

This is the document I was reading to start using kazoo for Zookeeper.

http://kazoo.readthedocs.org/en/latest/install.html

In that wiki, they have asked to install kazoo. And they are using some pip
command for that?

What does pip do here? And I am currently using windows so I have cygwin
installed and python installed as well. I am using Python 2.7.3

    host@D-SJC-00542612 ~
    $ python
    Python 2.7.3 (default, Dec 18 2012, 13:50:09)
    [GCC 4.5.3] on cygwin

Now what I did is - I copied this command exactly as it is from the above
website - `pip install kazoo` and ran it on my cygwin command prompt.

    host@D-SJC-00542612 ~
    $ pip install kazoo
    Downloading/unpacking kazoo
      Running setup.py egg_info for package kazoo

        warning: no previously-included files found matching '.gitignore'
        warning: no previously-included files found matching '.travis.yml'
        warning: no previously-included files found matching 'Makefile'
        warning: no previously-included files found matching
'run_failure.py'
        warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under
directory 'sw'
        warning: no previously-included files matching '*pyc' found
anywhere in distribution
        warning: no previously-included files matching '*pyo' found
anywhere in distribution
    Downloading/unpacking zope.interface>=3.8.0 (from kazoo)
      Running setup.py egg_info for package zope.interface

        warning: no previously-included files matching '*.dll' found
anywhere in distribution
        warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyc' found
anywhere in distribution
        warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyo' found
anywhere in distribution
        warning: no previously-included files matching '*.so' found
anywhere in distribution
    Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): distribute in
c:\python27\lib\site-packages (from zope.interface>=3.8.0->kazoo)
    Installing collected packages: kazoo, zope.interface
      Running setup.py install for kazoo

        warning: no previously-included files found matching '.gitignore'
        warning: no previously-included files found matching '.travis.yml'
        warning: no previously-included files found matching 'Makefile'
        warning: no previously-included files found matching
'run_failure.py'
        warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under
directory 'sw'
        warning: no previously-included files matching '*pyc' found
anywhere in distribution
        warning: no previously-included files matching '*pyo' found
anywhere in distribution
      Running setup.py install for zope.interface

        warning: no previously-included files matching '*.dll' found
anywhere in distribution
        warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyc' found
anywhere in distribution
        warning: no previously-included files matching '*.pyo' found
anywhere in distribution
        warning: no previously-included files matching '*.so' found
anywhere in distribution
        building 'zope.interface._zope_interface_coptimizations' extension

        WARNING:

                An optional code optimization (C extension) could not be
compiled.

                Optimizations for this package will not be available!
        ()
        Unable to find vcvarsall.bat

        Skipping installation of
C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\zope\__init__.py (namespace package)
        Installing
C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\zope.interface-4.0.5-py2.7-nspkg.pth
    Successfully installed kazoo zope.interface
    Cleaning up...

Does it got installed properly? Now I can start writing code in python to
connect with zookeeper? Ok I thought lets start writing some simple Python
code here to connect with Zookeeper

I wrote this simple python code here -

    #!/usr/bin/python

    from kazoo.client import KazooClient

    zk = KazooClient(hosts='127.0.0.1:2181')
    zk.start()

    print "Hello, Python!";

And as soon as I run it from the cygwin command prompt. I always get this
error -     `ImportError: No module named kazoo.client`

    host@D-SJC-00542612 /cygdrive/c/ZookPython
    $ python test1.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "test1.py", line 3, in <module>
        from kazoo.client import KazooClient
    ImportError: No module named kazoo.client
Any idea what wrong I am doing here? I know its a basic question but
somehow I am not able to make it work as I dont have that much experience
with Python