Drill, mail # dev - What do you want out of Apache Drill?

Re: What do you want out of Apache Drill?
Julian Hyde 2012-12-06, 19:44
On Dec 6, 2012, at 10:36 AM, Jacques Nadeau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So, What do you want Apache Drill to help you with?

Dear Santa,

Here's what I'd like:

1 A SQL interface (in addition to DrQL interface)
2 JDBC driver
3 Access to the stack at a lower level (i.e. a way to use the high-performance scan operators without writing a query)
4 Ability to query in-memory Java data in a compact form (e.g. arrays of primitives or nio buffers)

1+2 so that I can run Mondrian on Drill.
3 so that I can use Optiq to combine Drill data with data from other systems.
4 so that I can change Mondrian's cache implementation from "java objects" to "in-memory database", whose blocks are managed by a cache such as jboss infinispan

I know some of these are outside of Drill's scope. If so, feel free to disregard. But if you don't ask, you don't get. :)

Julian