MapReduce, mail # user - Rack Aware Hadoop cluster

+
Mohammad Mustaqeem 2013-05-08, 13:43
Re: Rack Aware Hadoop cluster
Chris Embree 2013-05-08, 13:52
Finally, one I can answer. :)  That should be in core-site.xml (unless it's
moved from ver 1.x).  It needs to be in the configuration for NameNode(s)
and JobTracker (Yarn).

In 1.x you need to restart NN and JT services for the script to take effect.
On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Mohammad Mustaqeem
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>     I was searching for how to make the hadoop cluster rack-aware and I
> find out from here
> http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.0.4-alpha/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/ClusterSetup.html#Hadoop_Rack_Awareness that
> we can do this by giving property of "topology.script.file.name". But
> here it is not written where to put this
> <property>
>         <name>topology.script.file.name</name>
>
> <value>/home/mustaqeem/development/hadoop-2.0.3-alpha/etc/hadoop/rack.sh</value>
> </property>
>
> Means in which configuration file.
> I am using hadoop-2.0.3-alpha.
>

> --