HDFS >> mail # user >> yarn-site.xml and aux-services

Re: yarn-site.xml and aux-services
John,

The format is ID and sub-config based:

First, you define an ID as a service, like the string "foo". This is
the ID the applications may lookup in their container responses map we
discussed over another thread (around shuffle handler).

<property>
    <name>yarn.nodemanager.aux-services</name>
    <value>foo</value>
</property>

Then you define an actual implementation class for that ID "foo", like so:

<property>
<name>yarn.nodemanager.aux-services.foo.class</name>
<value>com.mypack.MyAuxServiceClassForFoo</value>
</property>

If you have multiple services foo and bar, then it would appear like
the below (comma separated IDs and individual configs):

<property>
    <name>yarn.nodemanager.aux-services</name>
    <value>foo,bar</value>
</property>
<property>
    <name>yarn.nodemanager.aux-services.foo.class</name>
    <value>com.mypack.MyAuxServiceClassForFoo</value>
</property>
<property>
    <name>yarn.nodemanager.aux-services.bar.class</name>
    <value>com.mypack.MyAuxServiceClassForBar</value>
</property>

--
Harsh J