Hive >> mail # user >> Whatever happened to the MACRO facility, Hive-2655

Re: Whatever happened to the MACRO facility, Hive-2655
On 26 Jan 2013, at 14:59, Dean Wampler wrote:

> We mentioned it in our book and now I realize it's not actually
> implemented, even in 0.10.0. OOPS!!

> dean

That's funny I was just about to post the same message :-) Came across
it in the book on friday, announced it to my users like "hey, just found
something really cool, you should try it" and then…

Would be really really nice to have indeed. Unfortunately that means I
have to apply the patch and recompile (we use CDH4). Could be worth it
though. What would be extra nice is to have Cloudera put it in the next
4.1.* or 4.2...

David