Pig >> mail # dev >> Our release process

Our release process
Hi guys,

Mid next year, we agreed on a release process documented in this thread: http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg04172.html.

Since then, we have not really followed either of its two rules:

(1) Frequent (every 3 month releases)
(2) Branch stability (only P1 issues on the branch).

So I wanted to revisit our release procedure to make sure we have one that we can actually follow.

For us at Yahoo, branch stability is very important since we release all the patches directly from the branch. If we can't rely on the fact that only critical fixes go in, we will need to resort to git branches that will make the whole process very comberson because we now need to hand pick patches from the apache branch and port them onto our private branch. I would imaging that others using Pig in production would have similar issues.

Olga

Olga