Pig, mail # dev - Re: Our release process

+
Santhosh M S 2012-11-30, 07:16
+
Julien Le Dem 2012-12-01, 01:37
+
Santhosh M S 2012-12-01, 07:46
+
Olga Natkovich 2012-12-04, 20:46
Re: Our release process
Julien Le Dem 2012-12-07, 23:54
Here's my criteria for inclusion in a release branch:
 - no new feature. Only bug fixes.
 - The criteria is more about stability than priority. The person/group
asking for it has a good reason for wanting it in the branch. If commiters
think the patch is reasonable and won't make the branch unstable then we
should check it in. If it breaks something anyway, we revert it.

For what it's worth we (at Twitter) maintain an internal branch where we
add patches we need and I would suggest anybody that wants to be able to
make emergency fixes to their own deployment to do the same. We do keep
that branch as close to apache as we can but it has a few patches that are
in trunk only and do not satisfy the no new feature criteria.

What does the PMC think ?

Julien

+
Olga Natkovich 2012-12-10, 23:22