From: Mohammad Tariq [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 8:20 AM
To: Kevin Burton
Subject: Re: Permission problem

user?"ls" shows "hdfs" and the log says "mapred"..
Warm Regards,

Tariq

https://mtariq.jux.com/

cloudfront.blogspot.com

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 6:22 PM, Kevin Burton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

I have relaxed it even further so now it is 775

kevin@devUbuntu05:/var/log/hadoop-0.20-mapreduce$ hadoop fs -ls -d /

Found 1 items

drwxrwxr-x   - hdfs supergroup          0 2013-04-29 15:43 /

But I still get this error:

2013-04-30 07:43:02,520 FATAL org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobTracker:
org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied:
user=mapred, access=WRITE, inode="/":hdfs:supergroup:drwxrwxr-x