Hadoop >> mail # general >> Thinking about the next hadoop mainline release

+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2011-06-17, 07:17
+
Ryan Rawson 2011-06-17, 07:36
+
Ted Dunning 2011-06-17, 08:13
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-06-17, 14:15
+
Todd Lipcon 2011-06-17, 18:21
+
Sanjay Radia 2011-06-20, 20:44
+
Suresh Srinivas 2011-06-24, 21:07
+
Mahadev Konar 2011-06-24, 22:05
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-06-25, 00:28
+
Todd Lipcon 2011-06-25, 05:38
+
Doug Meil 2011-06-17, 13:21
+
Brian Bockelman 2011-06-17, 14:30
+
Jay Booth 2011-06-17, 14:37
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-06-17, 14:42
+
Todd Lipcon 2011-06-17, 17:33
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-06-17, 17:33
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2011-06-18, 06:10
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-06-17, 17:31
Re: Thinking about the next hadoop mainline release

On Jun 17, 2011, at 10:31 AM, Allen Wittenauer wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2011, at 12:17 AM, Eric Baldeschwieler wrote:
>> Yahoo stands ready to help us (the Apache Hadoop Community) turn this new release into a stable release by running it through its 9 month test and burn in process.  The result of that will be another stable release such as 0.18, 0.20 or 0.20.203 (hadoop with security).
>

> I'd consider 0.20.203 pseudo-stable.

Actually, I was just reminded about the complete disaster that is metrics.  So while it may be pseudo-stable, it  isn't actually usable for anyone but Yahoo!.
+
Rajiv Chittajallu 2011-06-18, 02:02
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-06-18, 02:15