Hadoop, mail # general - Thinking about the next hadoop mainline release

Re: Thinking about the next hadoop mainline release
Allen Wittenauer 2011-06-17, 20:27

On Jun 17, 2011, at 10:31 AM, Allen Wittenauer wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2011, at 12:17 AM, Eric Baldeschwieler wrote:
>> Yahoo stands ready to help us (the Apache Hadoop Community) turn this new release into a stable release by running it through its 9 month test and burn in process.  The result of that will be another stable release such as 0.18, 0.20 or 0.20.203 (hadoop with security).
>

> I'd consider 0.20.203 pseudo-stable.

Actually, I was just reminded about the complete disaster that is metrics.  So while it may be pseudo-stable, it  isn't actually usable for anyone but Yahoo!.