HBase >> mail # user >> Does a major compact flush memstore?

Does a major compact flush memstore?
It seems to me that a major_compact table command from hbase shell do not fush memstore?  When I done with major compact, still some data in memstore and will be flush out to disk when I shut down hbase cluster.

Best Regards,
Raymond Liu