HBase, mail # user - what is the max size for one region and what is the max size of region for one server

Re: 答复: 答复: what is the max size for one region and what is the max size of region for one server
Nicolas Liochon 2012-12-17, 11:07
I think it's safer to use a newer version (0.94): there are a lot of things
around performances & volumes in the 0.92 & 0.94. As well, there are much
more bug fixes releases on the 0.94.

For the number of region, there is no maximum written in stone. Having too
many regions will essentially impact the performances. As I said, having
60TB of data per machine is not standard today (points are: that's a lot of
disk a single machine; what's the impact if you lose a node; what will be
the network load, ...). I suppose all this is documented in the usual books
on HBase.