From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] on behalf of Ashwanth Kumar [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 5:46 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Accessing local filesystem with org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem

Did you try adding file:// in front of the path?

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Pedro Costa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
 I'm trying to open a local file with the FileSystem class.

FileSystem rfs = FileSystem.get(conf);
FSDataInputStream i = srcFs.open(p);
but I get file not found. The path is correct, but I think that my class is accessing hdfs, instead of my local filesystem. Can I use the FileSystem to access local filesystem?

--
Best regards,

--

Ashwanth Kumar / ashwanthkumar.in<http://ashwanthkumar.in/>