HBase >> mail # user >> Rest Client remote connection

+
Erman Pattuk 2012-10-14, 20:27
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-10-14, 20:43
+
Erman Pattuk 2012-10-14, 21:15
Re: Rest Client remote connection
What REST does wrt. filters is pass through a filter specification from
client to server. The filter API has been changing for each HBase major
version so it hasn't made sense (yet) to make this a first class part of
the REST representations, thus version independent. (Otherwise retired
filter types would need be emulated.) Certainly an older server will not
understand filters constructed by a newer client. In short, if you want to
use filters for scans submitted through the REST interface the client and
server versions should be the same.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy