HBase >> mail # user >> Data Locality, HBase? Or Hadoop?

Re: Data Locality, HBase? Or Hadoop?
JM,

  If you have disabled the balancer and are manually moving regions, you
will need to run a compaction on those regions.  That is the only(logical)
way of bringing the data local.  HDFS does not have a concept of HBase
locality.  HBase locality is all managed through major and minor
compactions.

--
Kevin O'Dell
Customer Operations Engineer, Cloudera