MapReduce >> mail # user >> Time taken for launching Application Master

Re: Time taken for launching Application Master
Check your node manager logs to understand the bottleneck first. When we
had a similar issue on recent version of hadoop, which includes fix for
MAPREDUCE-4068: we rearranged our job jar file to reduce time spent on
'expanding' the job jar file by the node manager(s).

-Rahul