Hive >> mail # dev >> Newbie - proposed changes

+
Benjamin Jakobus 2013-08-06, 13:06
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-08-06, 14:57
+
Benjamin Jakobus 2013-08-06, 15:45
Re: Newbie - proposed changes
Please read:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HowToContribute
On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Benjamin Jakobus <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Edward,
>
> I created an issue with a more detailed description of what I propose to
> modify. Please see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-5009
>
> Regards,
> Ben
>

> On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 3:57 PM, Edward Capriolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > You should go to http://issues.apache.org/jira and create a hive ticket.
> > try to keep your tickets small in scope. IE better to clean up a few
> > classes that are coupled in several waves, in most cases.
> >

> > On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Benjamin Jakobus <
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I have begun analyzing the Hive codebase as part of my MSc in Computer
> > > Science and have found some minor optimization issues in the codebase,
> > > which I would like to rectify and contribute. The issues / clean-up
> > > suggestions can be found here (sorry, the file is larger than the
> allowed
> > > max for this mailinglist):
> > > http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~bj112/hive-optimizations.txt
> > >
> > > Kind Regards,