Hadoop >> mail # user >> YCSB Benchmarking for HBase

Re: YCSB Benchmarking for HBase
On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 6:10 AM, praveenesh kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone working on YCSB (Yahoo Cloud Service Benchmarking) for HBase ??
>
> I am trying to run it, its giving me error:
>
> $ java -cp build/ycsb.jar com.yahoo.ycsb.CommandLine -db
> com.yahoo.ycsb.db.HBaseClient
>
> YCSB Command Line client
> Type "help" for command line help
> Start with "-help" for usage info
> org/apache/hadoop/conf/Configuration
>        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
>        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2406)
>        at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2716)
>        at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:343)
>        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:325)
>        at com.yahoo.ycsb.CommandLine.main(Unknown Source)
> org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration
>        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
>        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
>        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
>        ... 6 more
>
> By the error, it seems like its not able to get Hadoop-core.jar file, but
> its already in the class path.
> Has anyone worked on YCSB with hbase ?
>
> Thanks,
> Praveenesh

I just did
http://www.edwardcapriolo.com/roller/edwardcapriolo/entry/ycsb_cassandra_0_7_6.

For hbase I followed the steps here:
http://blog.lars-francke.de/2010/08/16/performance-testing-hbase-using-ycsb/

I also followed the comment in the bottom to make sure the hbase-site.xml
was on the classpath.

Startup script looks like this:
CP=build/ycsb.jar:db/hbase/conf/
for i in db/hbase/lib/* ; do
CP=$CP:${i}
done
#-load load the workload
#-t run the workload
java -cp $CP com.yahoo.ycsb.Client -db com.yahoo.ycsb.db.HBaseClient -P
workloads/workloadb \