Pig >> mail # user >> Running pig script as different user

+
Miki Tebeka 2012-11-29, 00:58
+
Prashant Kommireddi 2012-11-29, 01:02
+
Miki Tebeka 2012-11-29, 22:42
+
Miki Tebeka 2012-11-30, 21:12
Re: Running pig script as different user
Hi Miki,

What version of hadoop are you on? I can confirm this works on 0.20.2 but
never tried this on the newer versions.

Try hadoop.job.ugi=<username,group> where the group must be the name of the
group associated with the username.

For eg, -Dhadoop.job.ugi=bugs,bugs
On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 2:42 AM, Miki Tebeka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I tried running
> PIG_OPTS=-Dhadoop.user.ugi=bugs pig /path/to/script.pig
>
> Still ran as the original user.
>

> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Miki Tebeka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > As in -Dhadoop.user.ugi=bugs ?
> >

> > On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 5:02 PM, Prashant Kommireddi <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
> >
> >> Try using "hadoop.job.ugi" to run the jobs as a different user on the
> >> cluster. I'm not sure if that works on the more recent versions of
> >> Hadoop though.
> >>
> >> Sent from my iPhone

> user?

+