From: Abraham Elmahrek [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2013 1:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Composite Key

Hey Nick,

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking... are you asking if you can split by composite key? I don't think that's currently possible. Splitting occurs on a single column. Are you asking if data can make its way into HDFS (or Hive) via the composite key? You might have to use free-form queries. You should be able to use an oracle function to concat the two columns together. See http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.4.4/SqoopUserGuide.html#_free_form_query_imports for more details on that. You should be able to use to_char (http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/functions181.htm) and concat (http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/functions026.htm) functions.

-Abe