Hadoop >> mail # user >> Performance Test

Re: Performance Test
It will be very difficult to do.  If you have n machines running 4 different
things, you will probably get better results segregating tasks as much as
possible.  Interactions can be very subtle and can have major impact on
performance in a few cases.

Hadoop, in general, will use a lot of the resources if they appear to be
available.  The intent, after all, is to run batch jobs absolutely as fast
as your hardware can handle.