Accumulo, mail # user - Remove table

+
Corey Nolet 2013-03-04, 15:53
Re: Remove table
Eric Newton 2013-03-04, 16:21
Offline the table.  It may take some time for it to settle down.  Start any
failed tservers.

Shutdown the accumulo  garbage collector:

 $ pkill -f =gc

Grant the root user the write permissions the !METADATA table:

shell> grant -u root -t !METADATA  Table.WRITE

Find your table id:

shell> tables -l

Now use the id to construct a delete command:

shell> deletemany -c file -s id; -e id<

It's important that you use your table id, and not "id" in the above
command.
When you get tired of typing yes to each file, stop the shell and re-run it
like this:

shell> deletemany -f -c file -s id; -e id<

Now, go and move the directory in hdfs:

$ hadoop fs -mv /accumulo/tables/id /files-from-dead-table

You can bulk import the directories in /files-from-dead-table after you
bring the table back online with some appropriate splits.

The accumulo garbage collector will complain about missing files, so expect
those as warnings.

-Eric

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Corey Nolet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We have a sharded-event table that failed miserably when we accidentally
> tried to merge all of the tablets together. When starting accumulo, the
> monitor page says the event table (once having 43k tablets) now has 5
> tablets and 1.05B rows. There are 14.5k unassigned tablets, The tablet
> servers each have response times ranging from 10s to 1m until eventually
> they all die. We thought that it may have been our ulimit on the accumulo
> master being set to 1024 but raising it to 65535 didn't seem to have any
> immediate effects.
>
> The Accumulo shell freezes when we try to drop the event table and we've
> gotten a little experimental (trying to remove the references to the R
> files in the !METADATA table manually, removing the reference to the event
> table in zookeeper), etc..) Our experiments have mostly ended in
> permissions issues.
>
> With that, do you guys have any good techniques/tools for unlinking a
> busted and unresponsive table? All of the other tables/tablets seem to be
> doing just fine.
>

> Thanks in advance!
+
roshanp@... 2013-03-04, 19:44