Hadoop >> mail # user >> hbase and hypertable comparison

Re: hbase and hypertable comparison
I think I can speak for all of the HBase devs that in our opinion this vendor "benchmark" was designed by hypertable to demonstrate a specific feature of their system -- autotuning -- in such a way that HBase was, obviously, not tuned. Nobody from the HBase project was consulted on the results or to do such tuning, as is common courtesy when running a competitive benchmark, if the goal is a fair test. Furthermore the "benchmark" code was not a community accepted benchmark such as YCSB.

I do not think the results are valid beyond being some vendor FUD and do not warrant much comment beyond this.

Best regards,

    - Andy