Pig, mail # user - Invoking pig scripts from java

Re: Invoking pig scripts from java
Prashant Kommireddi 2013-04-23, 08:33
Both are used to run pig scripts. PigRunner uses a more direct way in using
the exact grunt code path to execute a script.

PigServer on the other hand provides a bunch of helper methods that could
be useful (for eg, setting a job name, deleting/renaming files, job
priority, running individual queries etc). So you don't have to set them as
properties within your script.

You would use PigRunner exactly the same way as running pig via CLI passing
the args to suggest pig script name etc, additionally it takes in
PigProgressNotificationListener as an argument if one is interested in
providing custom implementations of it.