Hive >> mail # user >> Logging MySQL queries

Re: Logging MySQL queries
you will have to write a pre execute or post execute hook to do this. The Hook api is at

http://hive.apache.org/docs/r0.7.0/api/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/hooks/package-summary.html

<http://hive.apache.org/docs/r0.7.0/api/org/apache/hadoop/hive/ql/hooks/package-summary.html>and then specify your hook in the site.xml for hive as follows...

<property>
  <name>hive.exec.post.hooks</name>
  <value>[name of the class that implements the interface]</value>
  <description>Post execution hooks</description>
</property>

Ashish