HBase >> mail # dev >> HBase 0.96.0 performace

+
Jerry He 2013-11-25, 19:50
+
Ted Yu 2013-11-25, 19:55
+
Ted Yu 2013-11-25, 21:25
+
Jerry He 2013-11-25, 22:09
+
Ted Yu 2013-11-25, 22:36
+
lars hofhansl 2013-11-26, 05:31
+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-11-26, 10:43
Re: HBase 0.96.0 performace
Re-attach the performance comparison picture.

[image: Inline image 1]
On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The picture didn't go through.
>
> Correction: the comparison between hbase 0.96.0 and 0.96.1 was done by
> Nicolas Liochon. This was not done at EBay.
>
> In my talk, there was another comparison to show that MTTR improved a lot
> from 0.94 to 0.96 - this was done at EBay.
>
> When Stack cuts 0.96.1 RC0, you would get the list of JIRAs that
> contributed to the speedup from 0.96.0 to 0.96.1
>
> Cheers
>

> On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 3:50 AM, Jerry He <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,  Ted, and hbase experts
> >
> > Below picture is a performance comparison between hbase 0.96.0 and
> 0.96.1,
> > shared by Ted Yu in China Hadoop Summit today. This perf testing is said
> > be executed on ebay's real cluster.
> >
> > It is surprising 0.96.0 is such worse compared to 0.96.1 and even
> 0.94.14.
> >  Are these numbers official and the performance degradation true?   What
> > patch in 0.96.1 fixed this?

+
Vladimir Rodionov 2013-11-25, 20:19
+