Hadoop >> mail # user >> Dynamic Data Sets

RE: Dynamic Data Sets

James,
If I understand you get a set of immutable attributes, then a state which can change.

If you wanted to use HBase...
I'd say create a unique identifier for your immutable attributes, then store the unique id, timestamp, and state. Assuming
that you're really interested in looking at the state change over time.

So what you end up with is one table of immutable attributes, with a unique key, and then another table where you can use the same unique key and create columns with column names of time stamps with the state as the value.

HTH

-Mike