Avro >> mail # dev >> 1.4.0 release soon?

+
Doug Cutting 2010-07-19, 20:05
+
Doug Cutting 2010-08-24, 21:27
+
Doug Cutting 2010-08-24, 22:00
+
Jeff Hodges 2010-08-25, 01:47
+
Doug Cutting 2010-08-25, 16:23
+
Bruce Mitchener 2010-08-25, 10:07
+
Scott Carey 2010-07-19, 20:42
+
Jeff Hammerbacher 2010-07-19, 22:26
+
Esteve Fernandez 2010-08-02, 18:11
Re: 1.4.0 release soon?
Well, my detailed plan for now is to look at Doug's implementation on the
Java side and mimic it. Once I get it working, I'll remove the Java-isms and
make it more Pythonic.

Creating classes and dynamically adding properties seems like how things
will work; it's going to be a bit "magical". If you want to sketch out your
implementation direction further, or even get a little code down, I'll be
happy to spend a bit more time on my critique.

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Esteve Fernandez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 12:26 AM, Jeff Hammerbacher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > I've added AVRO-588 (Avro usable and testable on Python 2.4). I'll need
> > augment the Python RPC to handle system errors correctly after AVRO-573
> goes
> > in, so I've filed AVRO-599 as a blocker as well. Lastly, I've been
> meaning
> > to get to AVRO-528 (Twisted support) and AVRO-283 (change Python
> > implementation from dictionaries to objects) forever, so the release
> seems
> > as good as ever.
>
> I'd love to see AVRO-283, actually I started putting together a patch
> a while ago, but I thought it was too "magical" and wouldn't get as
> chance of getting accepted, as it created classes on the fly and so
> on.
>
> How did you plan to implement it? I'd be very happy to help if I can.
>
> Cheers.

+
Doug Cutting 2010-07-19, 22:47
+