MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Experimental Hadoop Cluster - Linux Windows machines

+
Marco Shaw 2013-06-01, 20:05
+
Rody BigData 2013-06-01, 20:10
+
Niels Basjes 2013-06-01, 20:27
+
Marco Shaw 2013-06-01, 20:14
+
Niels Basjes 2013-06-01, 19:52
Re: Experimental Hadoop Cluster - Linux Windows machines
I have the same advice from Niels for your, Rody.
Use CentOS 6.3 x86_64 for your Hadoop cluster. You will be able to use the
high performance kernel included in this version and the great performance
of Java 1.6 on 64 bits systems.

You can use some of these guides for that:
http://hadoopstuff.wordpress.com/2012/12/13/hadoop-installation-on-rhel6centos6/

http://dak1n1.com/blog/9-hadoop-el6-install

http://jenming.wordpress.com/2012/10/08/running-hadoop-on-centos-6-multi-node-cluster/

Best wishes