HBase >> mail # user >> Where to place logs

Where to place logs
Hi,

I am wondering where people usually place hbase + hadoop logs. I have 4
disks and 1 very tiny disk with barely 500 megs (thats the typical setup on
amazon ec2). The 4 disks shall be used for hbase data. Since 500M is too
small, should I place logs on one of the 4 disks. Could it potentially
steal IOP(s) from hbase ? Does anyone have an idea how much of an overhead
logging really is ?

Varun