HBase >> mail # dev >> CI for the release builds

CI for the release builds
Hi folks,

Have been toying with the idea of automating the process of running
the tests that constitute the release test plan (the initial tests
would be from https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvLqcVIqNtlTdE9iemw2STVmWHFVMVVNY2JvZ0NwZGc#gid=0,
and they would be run with/without security turned on in the cluster).
As we continue to develop more system/largescale tests, we would keep
adding them to the harness.

I have set the ball rolling on this within the company and I hope the
community will be interested in seeing such a thing happen.

The idea is to be able to easily run a release artifact through a
series of tests (on our internal cluster or on AWS), and the result
would be published in a machine on AWS (visible to all). In the
future, this could be extended to run the tests on trunk artifacts as
well (catch regressions early).

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Devaraj.