HBase >> mail # user >> HBase Table Row Count Optimization - A Solicitation For Help

+
James Birchfield 2013-09-20, 21:47
+
lars hofhansl 2013-09-20, 23:56
+
James Birchfield 2013-09-21, 00:07
+
Ted Yu 2013-09-20, 22:19
+
James Birchfield 2013-09-20, 22:50
+
Vladimir Rodionov 2013-09-20, 23:58
+
James Birchfield 2013-09-21, 00:09
Re: HBase Table Row Count Optimization - A Solicitation For Help
>From your numbers below you have about 26k regions, thus each region is about 545tb/26k = 20gb. Good.

How many mappers are you running?
And just to rule out the obvious, the M/R is running on the cluster and not locally, right? (it will default to a local runner when it cannot use the M/R cluster).

Some back of the envelope calculations tell me that assuming 1ge network cards, the best you can expect for 110 machines to map through this data is about 10h. (so way faster than what you see).
(545tb/(110*1/8gb/s) ~ 40ks ~11h)
We should really add a rowcounting coprocessor to HBase and allow using it via M/R.

-- Lars