HBase, mail # dev - Move TestReplication out of LargeTests into hbase-it instead?

Re: Move TestReplication out of LargeTests into hbase-it instead?
Stack 2012-12-21, 18:37
On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Any interest in setting up a consortium for a HBase testing facility? We
> can't make point contributions to ASF to go to a specific project, but it's
> not unreasonable to suggest a couple HBase dev shops could pitch in a few
> bucks a month for project administered EC2 account for spinning up
> hbase-it. (This would be minimum viable I think, EC2 is ok for functional
> and smoke testing at least.)

One suggestion that has been made, and that I will follow up on, is that we
ask if we can use the bigtop infrastructure.  They have an infrastructure
already in place (sponsored by Cloudera) that is apart and unrelated to
Apache dedicated to bigtop building.  It is at
http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080  Let me go investigate and report back.
 Pluses are that it is already set up.  Cons are we would be competing w/
bigtop builds but it should be possible to get extra resources dedicated if
too much competition.

Otherwise, if this does not work out, for hbase integration tests, yes,
lets try and organize distributing paying for integration test
infrastructure.

St.Ack