Pig, mail # user - Passing schema inside Load functionc

+
praveenesh kumar 2012-02-03, 12:35
Re: Passing schema inside Load functionc
Stan Rosenberg 2012-02-03, 22:32
My hunch is you'll have to write a custom loader, but I'll let the
experts chime in.  E.g., AvroStorage loader can parse the schema
from a json file passed to it via the constructor.  I don't think
PigStorage has the same option.

stan

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 7:35 AM, praveenesh kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I am new to Pig.
> I was wondering is it possible to pass schema in pig load statement while
>
> Suppose if I have a huge dataset.. containing around 100 cols.. Is there a
> way through which I can pass the schema defined in some other file (some
> kind of meta file) into pig load statement or do I have to define it every
> time inside LOAD statement ?
>
> Thanks,
> Praveenesh
+