Hadoop >> mail # general >> Hadoop release

Re: Hadoop release
That being said we at Yahoo! currently have a 2000 node cluster running
0.23.3, and plan to install it on a 3600 node cluster next week.  They are
not production clusters, but we have had only a small handful of issues
with it and we plan to have a 0.23.X in production by the end of the year.
 If your project's timeline lines up it may not be a bad choice for you, a
little bit ambitious mind you.

Full Disclosure I am the 0.23 release manager so I might be biased here :).

--Bobby Evans