Accumulo >> mail # user >> Distributed Cache - for iterators?

+
Slater, David M. 2013-03-28, 15:45
Re: Distributed Cache - for iterators?
On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Slater, David M.
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>

> In Hadoop Map Reduce, the Configuration class can pass String parameters
> (via the Context argument to map and reduce). Likewise, the Map<String,
> String> options argument in Iterator init allows the same functionality for
> Accumulo iterators.
>

> However, for more complex parameters, Hadoop has a DistributedCache which is
> available to all of the mappers and reducers. Is there any similar
> functionality for Accumulo iterators, or does all of the information need to
> be sent as a String through options?

Accumulo does not provide anything out of the box.  I wonder if
putting a file in HDFS w/ a high replication factor would be a good
way to pass this info.

> Also, are there any problems with sending exceptionally long Strings in the
> options argument?

Does anyone know if David would run into issues similar to ACCUMULO-1141?

> Thanks,
> David
+
Eric Newton 2013-03-28, 21:36