HBase >> mail # user >> Best practices for custom filter class distribution?

Re: Best practices for custom filter class distribution?
Currently, you have to compile a jar, put them on all servers and restart the RS process. I don't believe there is an easier way to do it as of right now. And I agree, it's not entirely desirable to have to restart the cluster to install a custom filter.

You can combine multiple filters into a FilterList and configure it in two modes: Pass All, or Pass One. Did you try that?

Example:
List<Filter> myList = new ArrayList();
myList.add(myTimestampFilter);
myList.add(myRowFilter);
FilterList myFilterList = new FilterList(FilterList.Operator.MUST_PASS_ALL, myList);
myFilterList.addFilter(myQualiFilter);