Sqoop, mail # dev - Manual work for generation of LICENSE files

Re: Manual work for generation of LICENSE files
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2012-08-27, 05:48
Hi Abhijeet,
thank you very much for taking up this issue and providing very nice summary.

I was thinking about doing following when I've filled SQOOP-437:

* Have LICENSE file in trunk that covers all jars directly available in SVN. My goal here was to have license for all thirdparty packages that user downloads by "cloning" the repository.
* Have prepared license files for all targets stored somewhere in repository (probably somewhere in src/).
* Commands "ant tar" or "ant srctar" would automatically pick up correct license file based on the build profile and replace the default license file from trunk.

I believe that this procedure will help a bit with distributing correct license files to appropriate tarballs, however it probably will not remove the burden from release manager to verify their correct content.

What do you think?

Jarcec